Website Department of Political Science, Georgia State University
The Department of Political Science at Georgia State University invites applications for a full-time Lecturer position to begin Fall 2022. Lecturers at GSU are full-time faculty who are eligible for promotion to Senior Lecturer after five years and Principal Senior Lecturer after ten.
· Lecturers at GSU have both teaching and service requirements and are full members of the department’s intellectual community and leadership team. In addition to helping the university achieve excellence in undergraduate teaching and serving on MA thesis committees, Lecturers meet a broad array of vital service needs, such as coordinating our core courses, directing undergraduate programs, leading study abroad trips, coaching academic teams, and developing innovative experiential learning courses. GSU is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity, and the College of Arts & Sciences supports professional success for all faculty through mentoring programs and representation of faculty from all ranks (including Lecturers) in college-level program development.
· Designated as a minority-serving institution, GSU has one of the most diverse study bodies in the country and is nationally recognized for its record in student success regardless of race, ethnicity, and income level. The Department is committed to serving this student body and advancing innovative teaching and research by building a diverse faculty. Among the core values of the department are diversity, equity and inclusion. We invite people of all backgrounds and identities, including, but not limited to races, ages, ethnicities, nationalities, religious beliefs, genders, sexual orientations, and abilities, to apply for this position. (The department’s full vision, mission and values statement is here: https://bit.ly/3DZ6Y0n).
· Essential Qualifications:
Ability to effectively teach Introduction to American Government, as well as other political science courses in the major, both online and in-person.
Ability to deliver effective online instruction.
A commitment to excellence in teaching undergraduates.
Dedication to teaching and mentoring students of diverse backgrounds to achieve excellence in undergraduate learning.
A PhD in Political Science or related field, in hand or with evidence that a PhD will be awarded by Summer 2022.
· Preferred Qualifications:
An interest in online educational innovation.
Ability to teach courses related to the politics of identity, which may include Women & Politics; Race, Ethnicity & Politics; Latinx Politics; Asian American Politics; Indigenous Politics; Religion & Politics; Immigration and/or Urban Politics.
· Applicants should send a letter of application that details how the essential and (if applicable) preferred qualifications are met, a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, sample syllabi, and any additional evidence of teaching effectiveness. Applicants should also submit a separate statement addressing how they will facilitate a diverse and inclusive learning environment both in and outside of the classroom. Finally, applicants should provide a list of at least three professional references (name, title, email address, and telephone number) who are willing to provide letters of reference. Please submit all materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating NTT 1101 Position in the subject line. Review of applications will begin on November 1, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. Application materials submitted by this date will be given full consideration.
· GSU is a highly diverse urban research university located in downtown Atlanta. Further information about the department can be found at politicalscience.gsu.edu. Georgia State University is an equal opportunity employer. It continues to be the policy of the University to implement affirmative action and equal opportunity for all employees, students, contractors, consultants and applicants for employment or admission without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, gender, transgender status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or disability. An offer of employment will be conditional on background verification.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com