The Jewel Limar Prestage Mentorship Award
Independent Foundation Award
The Jewel Limar Prestage Mentorship Award, established by a separate foundation, is an Annual Award recognizing outstanding political science professors who demonstrate the same spirit of mentoring and commitment to students as Dr. Jewel Limar Prestage, a founding member of the National Conference of Black Political Scientists and the first African American woman to earn a Ph.D. in Political Science. The award honors the lifetime accomplishments of this extraordinary individual while supporting the development of talented professionals who mentor African American students/youth at Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
NOTE: THE JEWEL LIMAR PRESTAGE AWARD WILL NOT BE GIVEN THIS AT THIS YEAR’S 2022 CONFERENCE.
Nominations and Requirements
Applications and supporting documentation must include, but is not limited to:
- All nominations and supporting materials must be received on or before February 1 of the award year.
- A letter of nomination from a peer detailing the teaching, advising and mentoring qualifications of the nominee;
- A Current Curriculum Vitae, including publications;
- Additional letters of support from administrators, faculty, staff and past and present students. (In order to avoid the appearance of “Conflict of Interest,” candidates are encouraged to seek letters from past students.);
- 4. Other relevant information deemed appropriate for consideration.