Website California State University San Marcos
Tenure Track Faculty Position in Political Science
TENURE TRACK FACULTY POSITION IN POLITICAL SCIENCE
POSITION: Assistant Professor
EFFECTIVE DATE: Fall Semester, 2022
The Political Science Department at California State University San Marcos invites applications for a tenure-track position in International Relations, with a specialization in international environmental politics, at the Assistant Professor level beginning Fall 2022.
• Ph.D. in Political Science by August 2022.
• Primary teaching and research emphasis in international relations, with a specialization in international environmental politics.
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness.
• Evidence of an active research agenda.
• The successful candidate must be prepared to teach courses on international environmental politics, as well as introductory courses in international relations.
• Demonstrated intercultural competence with diverse groups in teaching, research, and/or service.
• Ability to teach social science research methods and other core major courses as appropriate.
• Demonstrated interest in global environmental policy.
• Demonstrated interest in interdisciplinary collaboration with our Environmental Studies program.
• Regularly teach courses in international environmental politics, as well as introductory courses in international relations and other core courses in the major, as appropriate.
• Design and deliver upper-division courses in their areas of expertise.
• Design and sustain an active and dynamic research agenda, and disseminate their research in leading journals and similar publications.
• Service to the program, college, and university are required, as appropriate.
Click Apply Now to complete the CSUSM Online Employment Application and attach the following document:
• Cover letter indicating how the applicant meets the above minimum and preferred requirements
• Curriculum vitae
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• Research statement
• One-page statement demonstrating intercultural experience and commitment to diversity and equity in teaching, research and/or service
• Three letters of recommendation
• Reprints of representative publications
• Summary of student teaching evaluations
Review of applications will commence January 24, 2022; however, the position will remain open until filled.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was recently named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation and veteran or military status.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020 as a condition of employment.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy. Questions should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act or Clery Act Notification can be found at Clery Act Notification.
To apply for this job please visit careersmanager.pageuppeople.com.