Graduate Assistantship Program (GAP, Inc.) & Undergraduate Support Program (USP)
The Graduate Assistantship Program, Inc. (GAP) and Undergraduate Support Program (USP), established by a separate foundation, is a scholarship program to support graduate/undergraduate student attendance and participation in the NCOBPS Annual Meetings. These travel grants are awarded based on the following:
- Category 1:
- Graduate/Undergraduate Students presenting papers during the conference;
- Category 2:
- Graduate/Undergraduage Students whose professors recommend attendance at the conference to gain insights into research projects;
- Category 3:
- Graduate/Undergraduage Students attending the conference to gain insights on NCOBPS and considering membership in the organization.
Nominations and Requirements
- All nominations and supporting materials must be received on or before March 1 of the award year.
- There are no restrictions on nominees. Self-nominations as well as nominations by others are encouraged.
- An independent selection committee reviews all applicants and selects the recipients.
- Graduate students desirous of consideration for travel grants must pre-register for the Annual Meetings and provide the following:
- Proof of enrollment in a degree-granting program (e.g. official transcript or official verification of current enrollment status); Proof of enrollment in a degree-granting program (e.g. official transcript or official verification of current enrollment status);
- A copy of the paper proposal to be presented at the conference. A copy of documents from the online paper submission system is acceptable (Category 1).
- A letter of recommendation from a professor and a brief description of research interests as it relates to the NCOBPS Annual Meeting (Category 2).
- Statement of interest in NCOBPS that details personal gains that might accrue from membership in the organization (Category 3).
Interested graduate students should submit required documents by March 1, to:
Kathie Stromile Golden, GAP President
Mississippi Valley State University
Office of International Programs
14000 Highway 82 West, # 5209
Itta Bena, MS 38941-1400